Saturday, November 24, 2012
Wow! Wow! WOW! This about sums up my review for Cooking Extravaganza, a new product bundle offered from Eternal Encouragement.
I have waited till about the last minute to post my review because I wanted to try as much as possible in the month I've had this product. This ranks up there with one of the best products I've ever owned. Psalms 138:2 says that "thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be." This is the only explanation I have for why I LOVE Cooking Extravaganza so much. I can't tell you how much satisfaction I feel as a mom to place a nice, healthy meal, prepared from scratch down in front of my family. Almost every meal someone says, "Thanks for dinner mom."
If you need any help in the cooking department, Cooking Extravaganza is for you. If you already cook alot, Cooking Extravaganza is for you as well. If you have a family to cook for, Cooking Extravaganza is for you.
Let me just sum up some Great things I learned in Cooking Extravaganza:
* How and why I should cook in bulk and freeze meals (I can't believe I've wasted so much time in the kitchen cooking when I could have more than doubled my efforts)
* How to make pizza that looks and tastes like takeout (My family LOVED it!)
* Tips to baking with pasta (this is going to save me so much time)
* How to make the meat in my meals stretch farther and cost less (I love this tip in today's economy)
*Learned how & why pre-planning breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks saves you maximum time and money if you have children (I'm only pre-planning breakfast and dinner so far. It's one of the BEST things I've ever done!)
* Learn how to make from scratch: onion soup mix, Alfredo sauce, "cream of" soup mixes, taco seasoning, buttermilk (Way cheaper than buying, easy to make and taste great)
* A 6 week menu plan is included if you need a starting off point
* Recipes, recipes and more recipes. (Enough to satisfy every picky eater in your home. I've found plenty of recipes to satisfy the taste buds for a family of 8)
What is included in the Cooking Extravaganza Bundle:
1. "Bulk Cooking Tips & Tricks" E-Book - This E-Book explains different ideas about bulk cooking and what works for author Lorrie Flem. You'll learn freezing tips, the many benefits of bulk cooking, sanity saving tips, what to do with a meal once you're actually ready to freeze it or unfreeze it to get it on the table for dinner (read What's for Dinner Mom for extensive information on this topic).
2. "Lorrie's Favorite Recipes" E-Book - This book contains her families most recent and favorite recipes. Lorrie has 8 children and years of experience cooking for and streamlining the cooking process for her family. I've learned so much from her!
3. "The Secrets of The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Made Simple" E-Book - Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies. Learn how to take a bare bones recipe on the back of the chocolate chips bag and tweak it just enough to make them even more delicious. Learn how to solve common problems and the most incredible recipe ever is included in the book. In fact my children are disappointed if I do"n't use this recipe!
4. "Brianna's Pizza Primer" E-Book - I never knew the art of making a great pizza. I thought homemade pizza looked and tasted like homemade pizza and if you wanted something that looks and tastes like takeout -- well then you have to order take out. WRONG! My family of pizza eaters loved the pizza I made following the instructions in this book! Love It!!!
5. "Fill 'Er Up - Ideas to Fill a Bottomless Pit" E-Book - This was another favorite book in the Cooking Extravaganza bundle. I've got 4 sons and one husband which at times qualify as that bottomless pit. This book offered such simple suggestions to fill up those hungry tummies without them wanting to fill up on the main dish which is usually the most expensive part of the meal. I've incorporated these tips and they WORK!
6. "Sensational Salads" E-Book - I read this E-book but I haven't tried any of the recipes yet. It includes some favorite alternatives to leafy salads.
7. "Healthy Sanity Savings Breakfast" E-Book - I know I've said this a dozen times already, but I love this E-Book. I already own and use Lorries other breakfast books. This is another gem to go along with those. It's because of Lorrie's breakfast books that I have a hot meal ready for my family each morning. The granola recipes in this book is superior and cheaper than buying granola bars.
8. A signed copy of the printed book "What's for Dinner Mom?" - This book is the foundation of it all. It's 196 comprehensive pages of how to really become the mom in the kitchen you always wanted to be. It will teach you how to save time, save money, and feed your family well - Everyday! Cooking for your family everyday is great to do, but systemizing that process will make a world of difference. Don't re-invent the wheel, let Lorrie Flem help you bypass all of the mistakes and get straight to a system that works and works well. It is also FULL of excellent recipes. My family loves Lorrie's infamous Calzone recipe! This books alone is worth the price of this bundle.
Here's how to order this amazing bundle for it's introductory sale price of ONLY $19.97 (I'm telling you it's worth a lot more!). Go here to order.
Make sure and order by Dec 7th if you want it before Christmas. The 7 E-books are available to download right away, but the printed book, "What's For Dinner Mom" has to be shipped.
For a chance to win this bundle, go here before Dec 1st for a Giveaway on Lorrie's Blog.
As a member of the Gabby Mom's Program, I've been given the Cooking Extravaganza products in return for my honest review.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
The flip side of that would be if Momma IS happy than most likely everyone else in the family will be happy as well. Who doesn't want a happy family?
The problem: Sometimes we can get stuck in a rut of negativity, even if it's just over one particular area of our lives. Sometimes being happy is just easier said than done! I know I get that way sometimes, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed.
You are in for a treat with this product because it doesn't just tell you that you should have a good attitude. It doesn't just tell you how a positive attitude is Biblical. You are going to get practical tips and action steps to help you improve your attitude.
You can listen to these audios over and over again while you're doing your chores or driving in the car. You'll also get a study guide to take with to your quiet time and really study in depth the principles being taught and a list of scriptures to ponder and pray over.
I realized, while listening to these audios, why I like listening to Lorrie Flem so much.
1. She's got a great voice and I feel like I'm having an intimate discussion with a good friend about things that really matter to me.
2. She always gives me solid action steps to help me change and to help me look more like Jesus everyday.
3. She relies on the Word of God for truth. I can study gratitude in the Bible myself by using the study guide that comes with this product. This is SO important because Hebrews 4:12 says that God's word is quick and powerful and sharper than any 2 edged sword. This means it cuts in front; it cuts behind, and pierces to the heart of the matter. It cuts the lies to find truth. It cuts through our sorrow to find faith hope, and joy. Lorrie understand that real changes in life comes from God and His truth.
4. She gives good historical and biblical background that really helps me understand the Bible better, which in turns helps me understand the truths being taught on a much deeper level.
For example, in this audio, Lorrie gives a detailed background of leprosy before teaching the Bible story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers. I didn't understand the depth of teachings in these verses till having that background information. Lorrie then teaches the principle of gratitude.
Now let me give you the specifics. Go here on Nov 1 to get your copy of this product. It includes a 3 part audio.
Part 1: Centered and Sane
Part 2: Growing Gratitude
Part 3: How To's of Growing Gratitude
A personal study guide to use with the audios.
I was truly encouraged by this product and I know you will be too.
Monday, September 24, 2012
I've used schedules before and they were very successful. In fact I remember the year of the schedule as the BEST homeschool year we ever had. However when my life changed drastically and my schedule stopped working, I threw it out the window (not a good idea if you don't have a better plan in mind!)
Lorrie compared schedules in this little treasure, to being a pilot: without programming your destination in properly at the beginning, you'll never reach your destination. However once that's done you can fiddle with and adjust your course without changing the end result. Lorrie helped me to realize how my schedule failed. I didn't sufficiently tweak my course to reach my destination.
Next came the part of Managing My Minutes: Do I Really Need To? that I really loved. Lorrie listed 7 detailed points that correctly identify the difference between a schedule and a routine. It made so much sense and I see why my schedule could never give me everything that I needed. Routines don't follow a specific short time slot, but are used daily to train children how to do things. Routines teach habits that will help our children grow up to be responsible adults. Managing My Minutes is more about schedules, but now that I know the difference between schedules and routines I can go here and get Lorrie's bundle on routines (Managine My Minutes: Babies, Preschoolers and Kindergartners) for her introductory price before it's gone. Whoo Hoo, here I come!
This product has inspired me to go back to doing what works and I'm sure it will help you to. Go here to get your own copy! I'm so glad that women, like Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragement, are willing to teach us less experienced mom's the ropes.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
I actually bought this e-book last year from Eternal Encouragement Magazine because I had been working on eliminating this ineffective parenting tool from my repertoire for some time. This short, concise e-book had many of the tips that I felt like God was teaching me these past 4 year as I've constantly prayed asking for help to stop yelling and to speak with kindness even when I don't feel like it. The only thing I felt this book lacked were examples from the author, Lorrie Flem's, own struggle as she worked to overcome yelling. But even that can't detract from the sound advice given!
Thursday, June 28, 2012
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him (Gen 2:18)
Neither was the man created for the woman but the woman for the man; Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman; neither the woman without the man, in the Lord (1 Cor 11:9,11)
Now I understand that on days when the house is a mess, the kids are fighting, everyone's hungry, dinner's not ready and you're utterly exhausted, you may look across the room at your man snoozing in the recliner and think “How in the world does he deserve me as his help meet!?” But who said anything about what he deserves. You can only find joy in your womanhood when you are functioning according to your created nature. To covet the role of leadership is to covet a burden that will not make God, you, or him happy. It is not a question of whether or not you can do a better job than he can; it is a matter of doing what you were “designed” to do. If you successfully do the job of leading the family, you will not find satisfaction in it. It is far better that the job be done poorly by your husband than to be done well by you.
"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her. She will do him good, not evil all the days of her life. Strength and honor are her clothing. She openeth her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." This next part is talking about those blessing we’ll get for our obedience. It says, "her children arise up and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praiseth her.” Proverbs 31
I think of the husband God has given me to teach me how to learn unconditional love, respect, devotion, obedience, charity, kindness, and patience.. All of this even when his hair is a mess and he’s covered head to toe in oil and mud. It’s not always pretty! My husband has taught me what it means to be a good man who loves God and his family. I used to think that meant you had to be a perfect man. I’ve learned that God wants me to love him when he seems unlovable, to show kindness when I want to be selfish, to forgive when I want to be right, to give respect anyways when I feel like he should earn it first.
My husband has taught me that he would have done better if he’d known better, that any offense taken was never intentionally given. He’s taught me that it’s easy to say “I’m sorry” and “I love you.” Life with my husband is the best school room God could ever have put me in to teach me all the things God wants me to learn in this life. He’s shown me by example what it’s like to never criticize or talk badly to your spouse. He’s shown me that God uses ordinary, imperfect men to fulfill his purposes and bring us more joy and happiness in life than we ever imagined. My husband has shown me what faith looks like when he willingly allows God to send all of the children to our family that God wants to send regardless of the enormous pressure he feels to provide He's shown me again and again that he’ll go to any links to do so even if that means going from a white collar worker at the top of his field to a roughneck on an oil rig down at the bottom. How I love and respect that man!
I cannot take credit for the truths presented here, only the huge blessings received from living them. Here are a list of my mentors/books on this subject:
Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
Me? Obey Him by Elizabeth Rice Hanford
The Way of Agape: Understanding God's Love by Chuck and Nancy Missler
The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Eternal Encouragement Magazine & The Encouraging Mom Program by Lorrie Flem
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
The Holy Bible - by Him whose plan it was from the Beginning
I cannot take credit for the truths presented here, only the huge blessings received from living them. Here are a list of my mentors/books on this subject:
*Doctrine & Covenants 25:5
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I'm really late getting this review out, but I owe it to Lorrie Flem and Eternal Encouragement to get this review done because of what Lorrie did for me during this difficult time. In fact this is the very reason I signed up to be a Gabby Mom in the first place, why I buy Lorrie's products, why I subscribe to Eternal Encouragment Magazine, and why I pay to be a member of her Encouraging Mom program every year. When I hear Lorrie, she somehow brings the word of God alive in my life and gives me true encouragement, when I don't know if I have anything left.
This past month Lorrie's words kept running over and over in my mind. I'd say to myself, "Even though my father-in-law is dying, I can have a good day today!" Then after his death, I keep telling myself, even though he's gone and I'm so sad we didn't have more time with him, I can still have a good day today. Lorrie knows it's possible because on a recording in the Colorado Power Pack she told me how she chose to have a good day and do the next best thing when her mom was dying of breast cancer.
I've listened to these recording again this month: Encouragement and Hope for the Weary, the 12 Habits of a Queen in Her Castle, Welcome Home Daddy and many more... and I'm so filled with encourement to do the next best thing. Lorrie says I shouldn't be doing anything outside of my home unless I'm taking care of the basics within my home, like feeding my children every meal, everyday instead of taking the lazy way out and having them fend for themselves. She said so much about how to be a Godly wife. It really sunk in! When my husband and I have been married for 51 years like my father-in-law was to my mother-in-law, I don't want to have ANY regrets. I want to know that I poured over God's word, found his truth and was obedient. My marriage went from good to WOW when I stopped doing it my way a few years ago and started doing it God's way. I've never met her in person, but I consider Lorrie Flem as my mentor to stay on this path so I won't revert to my old familiar ways. She knows what I need to do, she has the ability to inspire, she has a passion for the Word of God, she makes me believe I can reach my goals.
So, I encourage you, if you want to find what I've found and you want an excellent teacher, then here is an excellent way to start. Go here and let Lorrie Flem inspire you too.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Mrs. Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragement is having another facebook party! What a treat! Lorrie's last party was the first Facebook Party I've ever attended and I was amazed at how inspiring it was. I can't wait to have one again as a Mother's Day gift to myself. She's also giving all attendees a free gift! So put it on your calendar and I'll meet you there (click here)!
Thursday, April 5, 2012
I flip thru the magazine and try to find the page with the cure for Chaos and I find an article called "Chaos, CFA, CDSAI (Can't Have Anyone Over, Can't Find Anything, Can Do Something About It)."
Yes! I want to shout out to author Lorrie Flem, my dishes are still littering the counter and yes! my kids are running around like chickens with their head cut off and I'm hiding in my room so I don't have to face it! I'm overwhelmed and exhausted!
In comes Eternal Encouragement Magazine with just enough encouragement to help me out of my rut. Author Lorrie Flem, says when she's having one of those days, she'll pull out sticky notes and a marker and write one small job at a time on sticky notes. She says, "Now, instead of chaos, we have a bunch of manageable things, each on it's own note."
Well, I think to myself, I can do this. It's late and we can't clean up the whole house but we can get the most important things done so that we don't have to wake up to yesterdays mess. I run and find my sticky notes. I look around and pick out the things I really want done and break them down into bite size chunks. I put the 3-5 minute jobs posted on one side of the fridge and the 1 minute jobs on the other side. I gather my children, explain the situation and ask them to come and pick a certain amount of jobs from each side of the fridge and off we go.
It worked! In no time at all we were able to conquer the mess and I was able to go to sleep without dread of the morning monster mess!!!
I love Eternal Encouragement Magazine. Subsciptions are available in printed and digital format and any subsciption receives the New EE Etc. Web Magazine that is published 8 times a year. This has full magazine articles that are only available to Eternal Encouragement Subscribers. Go here to get your own copy.
The name of the magazine says it all: Eternal Encouragement. Not only did I get the encouragement in the area I was most discouraged in this month, but I was encouraged to be a better wife to my husband, even when it's hard. I was encouraged to train my children in obedience and I was challenged to invite others into my home in a spirit of fellowship, even if I am a less than perfect homemaker.
As a member of the Gabby Mom's program, I was given a copy of this month's magazine in return for my honest review.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
("To My Child," quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest , 54.)
"Daily Treasures" helped me realize it’s one thing to have children at the expense of or sacrificing worldly treasures but a completely different thing to actually view my children as THE Treasure! We don’t travel the world or buy extravagant things because that’s not where our hearts are. We happily use our resources to raise a growing family on one income.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Update: My friend had a baby boy! After this episode she had no other complications.