Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Life - More than a Review

As a Gabby Mom, in return for my honest review I've been given the Encouragement: Colorado Power Pack Audio Set to review for the month of May.  Then life threw a HUGE curve ball my way.  My father-in-law was only supposed to have the flu, but instead we found out it was lung and brain cancer.  In less than 2 months time we lost him.  He left us and went to his Heavenly home on June 5, 2012.


I'm really late getting this review out, but I owe it to Lorrie Flem and Eternal Encouragement to get this review done because of what Lorrie did for me during this difficult time.  In fact this is the very reason I signed up to be a Gabby Mom in the first place, why I buy Lorrie's products, why I subscribe to Eternal Encouragment Magazine, and why I pay to be a member of her Encouraging Mom program every year. When I hear Lorrie, she somehow brings the word of God alive in my life and gives me true encouragement, when I don't know if I have anything left.


This past month Lorrie's words kept running over and over in my mind.  I'd say to myself, "Even though my father-in-law is dying, I can have a good day today!"  Then after his death, I keep telling myself, even though he's gone and I'm so sad we didn't have more time with him, I can still have a good day today.  Lorrie knows it's possible because on a recording in the Colorado Power Pack she told me how she chose to have a good day and do the next best thing when her mom was dying of breast cancer.

Encouragement: Colorado Power Pack Audio SetI've listened to these recording again this month: Encouragement and Hope for the Weary, the 12 Habits of a Queen in Her Castle, Welcome Home Daddy and many more... and I'm so filled with encourement to do the next best thing.  Lorrie says I shouldn't be doing anything outside of my home unless I'm taking care of the basics within my home, like feeding my children every meal, everyday instead of taking the lazy way out and having them fend for themselves.  She said so much about how to be a Godly wife.  It really sunk in!  When my husband and I have been married for 51 years like my father-in-law  was to my mother-in-law, I don't want to have ANY regrets.  I want to know that I poured over God's word, found his truth and was obedient.  My marriage went from good to WOW when I stopped doing it my way a few years ago and started doing it God's way.  I've never met her in person, but I consider Lorrie Flem as my mentor to stay on this path so I won't revert to my old familiar ways.  She knows what I need to do, she has the ability to inspire, she has a passion for the Word of God, she makes me believe I can reach my goals.

So, I encourage you, if you want to find what I've found and you want an excellent teacher, then here is an excellent way to start.  Go here and let Lorrie Flem inspire you too. 


1 comment:

  1. May God give you the peace and grace you need each day as you continue to have 'good days'!

    ReplyDelete